Saturday Kid’s Art class at the PGA Village Island Club
Every Saturday from 3 to 5 PM
Each week we work on different projects. Here is the schedule we follow each week:
1. Free Draw – As students arrive they work on personal drawing practice. I have a lot of children’s drawing books for the kids to choose to use during free draw. This time helps kids work on their skills and gain control through practice and experimentation.2. Weekly Project – Each week we have a different project to create. The projects range from painting, making masks, working in clay, creating holiday projects etc… The projects are designed to help children with fine motor skills, finding relationships between forms as well as gaining control over eye hand coordination.3. Arts Games – Each week the last activity is the game Pictionary. Each child gets a chance to draw something as other kids guess what it is. This activity gets children used to getting up in front of a group and interacting in a leadership role.
When: Every Saturday, 3-5pm
Where: PGA Island Club Art Room, 9200 One Putt Pl, Port St Lucie, FL 34986
Instructor: JoAnna Almasude – contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 407-446-9944
What we will cover: Painting, Drawing, Crafts and Art Games!
Kid’s Art Class Pricing: The class runs in Monthly sessions totaling $55.00 per month (due the first Saturday of the month). Students who miss a class, parents can request $10 per missed class be deducted from the next session tuition. So, you do not need to worry about missing a class and losing tuition fee. Drop-in’s (pay as you go) students are welcome for $15.00 (2 hours) per student …. available depending upon space.
Upcoming Class Project Schedule:
July 2018 is a Mixed Bag of Fun Art Activities!
- June 30: CD Fish
- July 7th: Paper Plate Goldfish tank
- July 14th: Cat Paper Plate door hangers (with messages!)
- July 21st: Ceramic Tile Glazing – Painting glaze onto a 6″x6″ tile. Will be fired and turned into a wonderful keep sake.
- July 28th: Paper Airplanes! We will be creating several easy to follow great flying airplanes!
August 2018 is a Mixed Bag of Fun Art Activities & Beginning Puppet building!
- August 4th: Student’s choice – Painting Wooden Stars or Stain Glass Sun Catchers!
- August 11th: #1 Paper Sculpture – Puppet building (the Beginning)
- August 18th:Ceramic Tile Glazing – (back by popular demand) Painting glaze onto a 6″x6″ tile. Will be fired and turned into a wonderful keep sake.
- August 25th: #2 Paper Sculpture – Puppet building and painting (for string puppets)
September 2018 is Puppet Month! We will be making all sorts of puppets and the Stage that will be used in our Puppet Theater Plays in October, November and December!
- September 1st: Paper Bag Puppets
- September 8th: #3 Paper Sculpture – Puppet building and painting (for string puppets)
- September 15th: Finger Puppets
- September 22nd: Creating and Building the Puppet Stage Part 1
- September 29th: Building the Puppet Stage Part 2